Our next Java BackEnd Developer
Where is our next Java BackEnd Developer?
Do you feel like a hero taking on technical challenges on a daily basis? Is it the collaborative spirit that allows you to carry out your sprints with agility? Code reviews, merge requests, is it the collaboration that drives you? Are you looking to surround yourself with enthusiastic, passionate and independent people?
If you recognize yourself here, then maybe it’s time to come and work in the Basque Country in an exciting field, for great clients, in a collaborative atmosphere and with brilliant colleagues who are waiting for you!
Why Maltem Insight Performance?
We are a leader in the fast-growing network and application metrology market. We operate in start-up mode, in autonomy, while being backed by Maltem Consulting Group, an international group. It is the requirements of our international key account customers that fuel our environment. Our team evolves thanks to various profiles. We train, we regularly participate in seminars (Agile Tour, Dockercon, MSExperience, …).
Our sprints are intense, agile, and happily punctuated by end-of-sprint drinks and monthly darts tournaments. All this, in a privileged living environment, in the Basque Country.
BackEnd Developer, your mission, if you accept it
The position reports to the R&D back-office team, in charge of the development of technical applications on which Maltem Insight Performance business offers are based. In an important competitive market, the position requires to participate both in developments but also to be a force of proposal to implement new features.
BackEnd Developer, the job
We are looking for a talented developer with a minimum of 3 years experience to help us maintain existing high performance services and develop new ones. This developer will design and deploy new business services subject to high performance constraints. He or she will participate in the technical and functional choices. He or she will apply the best practices of design patterns, TDD… He or she will evolve in an agile environment, hence the need for a technological watch necessary to understand the competitive context.
- – Java 8, streams and lambdas mastered
- – SQL (Postgres)
- – Linux environment
- – Python and bash would be appreciated
- – A Github profile or accessible achievements are a plus
- High sensitivity:
- – Networks, modern IT architectures, cloud
- – Security, reliability, scalability and performance
- – Quality of service (monitoring, …)
- – Backend in Java 8 (Maven, IDE IntelliJ)
- – Frontend in ES6 (classes, uses of transpiler, Aurelia-framework)
- – Unit and Functional Testing
- – Micro-service approach (API Rest): scalable and resilient
- – PostgreSQL in a highly constrained environment
- – Release / deployment at the end of each sprint (2 weeks)
- – On the way to continuous deployment (Gitlab CI, docker, maven)
- – Linux environment